It’s 89′ today. Won’t you come over and swim? I have a pool at my house!
We didn’t set out to buy a house with a pool, we just got lucky. It’s such a blessing to
threaten the kids with a dunk in the middle of winter have it for the kids and their friends whenever the weather is nice! I feel so fortunate to have the pool that I’m constantly telling people to invite themselves over anytime. And I genuinely mean it! Please, please come over and swim!
I feel like I can only invite you so many times before I become some kind of bragger or nag in your eyes, so I will stop inviting after the 3rd or 4th time. But our door is always open, and I hope you will invite yourselves. It’s getting hot outside!
Here’s what we have to share:
- A pool without a water heater (brr!)
- Hooks at various heights on the fence where you can hang your suit and towel to dry.
Here’s what we don’t have and what we expect you to provide:
- You. Or your nanny/babysitter. This isn’t daycare. You’d be shocked to know how many “friends” think that it is.
- Lifejackets/floaties. We used to have a couple of extras around but they are dead and gone now, so if you have a wee one or a non-swimmer and you’re not getting in the pool, they MUST have one to get in.
- Swim diapers a must if you’re not potty-trained!
- Chairs but we do have a nice concrete patio you can lay out on! ;^)
These are the rules:
- No running.
- No splashing water out of the pool. I know some water will come out, we just don’t want water wars going on.
- No jumping on or over people.
- No pushing people in.
- Jump only in the deep end.
- No peeing in the pool!
- Mandatory time outs every 1.5-2 hours to re-apply sunscreen and use the potty
- Please don’t go into the house dripping wet!
- Hang your towel & suit up to dry when you are finished.
If you’re going to be a frequent flyer you are welcome to donate $20 to the Sunscreen Fund and we will provide SPF 30 Ultra-Sweatproof for you from May-August. You are also welcome to leave your towels here and if I think about it I’ll throw them in the wash once in awhile. We even have a couple of extra suits if your kids are the same size as mine, but please take it home & launder it before bringing it back.
(I hope to) See you at the pool!