I’m pretending to have a new regular Friday post called “Friday’s Five” in which I list five things that may or may not have any association with me or anything else. Because I went to school this morning to get myself re-admitted (after double-checking that yes, they have Friday hours) and found out that they were actually closed and now I’ve got nothing better to do until the library opens at 1:00 p.m.
So, this week’s five things are…. Collections of Five.
1. Five Songs in my head right now: “Tonight, Tonight” – Hot Chelle Rae, “Rhythm of Love” – Plain White T’s, “So What” – Pink, “Don’t You Want to Stay” – Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson, “If I Die Young” – The Band Perry
2. Five Books I’ve Recently Read: The Kill Artist, The English Assassin, and The Confessor, all by Daniel Silva, The Help by Katheryn Stockett, and the first book in the “Time Warp Trio” series by Jon Scieszka.
3. Five Foods I’m Totally Addicted To: Currant tomatoes (they are smaller than the fingernail on my pinkie!), Sunflower seeds, Harami Melon, Swiss Cheese, Multigrain Bread (like Milton’s, only the Safeway brand of it).
4. Five Movies I Love to Quote (and one of my favorite quotes to go with it): Nacho Libre – “”Ok. Orphans! Listen to Ignacio. I know it is fun to wrestle. A nice piledrive to the face… or a punch to the face… but you cannot do it. Because, it is in the Bible not to wrestle your neighbour.”, The Italian Job – “I said I had a bad experience! Jeez, I’M deaf!”, Transformers 1, 2 & 3 – “I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message…”, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl – “Murtogg: This dock is off-limits to civilians.
Jack Sparrow: I’m terribly sorry, I didn’t know. If I see one, I shall inform you immediately.
[Jack makes to continue but is blocked by Murtogg and Mullroy]
Jack Sparrow: Apparently there’s some sort of high-toned and fancy to-do up at the fort, eh? How could it be that two upstanding gentlemen, such as yourselves, did not merit an invitation?
Murtogg: Someone’s got to make sure that this dock stays off-limits to civilians.
Jack Sparrow: It’s a fine goal, to be sure. But it seems to me… that a ship like that one, makes this one here seem a bit superfluous, really.
Murtogg: Oh, the Dauntless is the power in these waters, true enough. But there’s no ship as can match the Interceptor for speed.
Jack Sparrow: I’ve heard of one, supposed to be very fast, nigh uncatchable: The Black Pearl.
Mullroy: Well, there’s no real ship as can match the Interceptor.
Murtogg: The Black Pearl is a real ship.
Mullroy: No, it’s not.
Murtogg: Yes it is, I’ve seen it.
Mullroy: You’ve seen it?
Mullroy: You haven’t seen it.
Murtogg: Yes, I have.
Mullroy: You’ve seen a ship with black sails that’s crewed by the damned, and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out?
Murtogg: But I have seen a ship with black sails.
[Jack quietly slips passed them unnoticed]
Mullroy: Oh, and no ship that’s not crewed by the damned and captained by a man so evil that Hell itself spat him back out could possibly have black sails, therefore couldn’t possibly be any other ship than the Black Pearl. Is that what you’re telling me?
Murtogg: [nods] No.
Mullroy: Like I said, there’s no real ship as can match the Interceptor.”,
The Proposal – “WHY ARE YOU NAKED?!?!”
5. Five Things I’m Looking Forward To: Going back to school (again), the kids starting school, the UPS delivery guy coming this afternoon, the Glee 3D Concert Movie (although why 3D I don’t know…), and my freaking awesome trip to Utah in September!