Well, the person I most wanted to hear from commented on my last post so I guess I can check “successful” off of my list… Thanks, M!
Now, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!
- I registered for school yesterday. Elementary Algebra on TTh from 8:00-10:00 a.m. and History of the United States Thur 6:30-9:30 p.m. I have a BOG fee waiver for my tuition, now I just need something for my books and I’m good to go!
- I burned my hand tonight. I forgot that one of my potholders has a hole where the thumb connects to the hand. I pulled out enchiladas from the oven. I screamed every cussword I know (and perhaps invented a few) in front of small children and company. Good thing she’s Catholic! 😉 Honey fetched me some b*tchin’ stuff called “Burn Gel” from Long’s. I kid you not, the second I put it on my burn the pain instantly disappeared. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the second best drug invented ever: LIDOCAINE!!!
- Veet is NOT as good as shaving.
- My cousin from IA has flown in for Pride in SF this weekend. We’re going to go visit her & the Aunties on Monday or Tuesday in Auburn, but we may have to sell one of the children to afford the gas to get there & back! I told Honey I got some rebate checks in the mail today from some books I had ordered at B’s school that were out of stock. It comes to $12 and change. He said, “But that will only get us to Lodi!”. Lodi is 15 miles from here. He’s right.
- Kip will never be a cagefighter.
- I have worn the same “sample” contact lens on my right eye for a WHOLE YEAR that my Dr. gave me at my exam last June. I was too cheap/poor to buy two boxes of lenses so I only bought lenses for the left eye. TWICE, because I lost the first box. No, I’m not blind or diseased in the right eye, but my Dr. might want to donate it to science when I die when he finds out and marvels at my lack of regard for occular health.
- I recently read a book called “STIFF: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers” by Mary Roach. It was not a good read, but it certainly was interesting! Does that then qualify as a good read? I don’t know. It was pretty disgusting. It certainly makes you think about stuff. I learned a lot, too.
- The Fratellis really have a great new CD. I’m particularly fond of tracks 4 and 6. Go. Take a listen. You’ll be glad you did.
- Barenaked Ladies (dude, you have to listen to that clip… it plays my favorite part!) has a new CD called “Snacktime!“. I LOVE IT! Especially tracks 2 and 15. And no, it’s not really $35.99 (unless you actually buy it from Amazon, then it is. But then you’d also be dumb because you can get it on iTunes for $9.99).
- I still have never broken a bone.
Ok. No more stalling. I have to go read my new library book bed now.