I have a little night-time ritual I perform when on the EXTREMELY rare occasion the hubs is out of town, and it goes like this:
1. Snag a bottle of water from the hall closet so you don’t forget.
2. Turn on the hall light.
3. Turn off the living room and kitchen lights.
4. Walk down the hall to the bedroom and turn on the bedroom light, then reach into the hallway (while you are standing in the lit bedroom) and turn out the hall light.
5. Scarf down three pink benadryl pills with a water-bottle chaser while you are standing next to the bedroom light switch.
6. Flick off the light while jumping into your bed.
7. Try to stay awake while you say your bedtime prayers.
The next thing I know, it’s morning!